Residential Property Management

Most residential leasehold property is now managed by means of a resident owned Management Company or Residents Association.

Cotleigh Property manages the common affairs for, and on behalf of, the directors of these Management Companies and Resident Associations, from the preparation of service charge demands and budgeting, through to the management of the day to day maintenance of the property.

Unlike many property managing agents, we will work with you to provide a bespoke service, tailored to your individual property and management demands. Our service is excellent value for money and completely transparent. We have a long list of very happy clients that will be more than happy to provide references on request

Trading for nearly 30 years, we have built up an excellent network of competent and trusted contractors to undertake everything from small repairs to major works as well as regular property and garden maintenance.

We carry out regular inspections on all of the properties that we manage and meet with our clients as and when requested.

Cotleigh have an excellent in house management account service using statutory compliant software. Service charges are budgeted and administered with the agreement of the client  to cover expenditure for the day to day running of the property, with consideration given to long term maintenance programmes. Annual items of expenditure may include:

  • Gardening
  • Cleaning
  • Window Cleaning
  • Electricity for the communal areas
  • Water for the communal areas
  • General repairs
  • Health and safety Audit
  • Fire Risk Review (if there are internal communal areas)
  • Reserve Fund contribution (which is a gradual collection of funds to pay for major works).

We will supply up to date information as and when required to ensure Directors remain informed of the financial position of the property, and allow them to make informed decisions, in addition to the wealth advice we are able to provide.

Major Works Management

What is a Section 20 Notice?

A Section 20 Notice is a document that must be served to all leaseholders when carrying out qualifying works to a residential freehold property. Such works can include repairs or maintenance to any building containing flats. However, in order for these works to qualify for Section 20 Notices to be served, the financial contribution from any one leaseholder must exceed £250. As such, this type of maintenance or repair work would be defined as ‘major works’ and will therefore require the Section 20 Consultation process to be followed.

We will undertake the entire process from start to finish, including managing the works to completion, to ensure you are satisfied with the result.


Property insurance is a major part of the property management budget. We have a range of trusted brokers that we regularly use and always get the best price for your review, without compromising on the quality of cover. In the unfortunate that event that your property is subject to an insurance claim, you can be rest assured that you will receive fast and efficient service at a time when you need it the most.

Health & Safety Management

At Cotleigh we understand the importance to providing reliable Health & Safety services which also include the monitoring of up to date legislation and also modern guidance for each and every property. Health and Safety covers many vital topics from Asbestos Management to Fire Risk Assessments, including full and Health & Safety reports which can also find the more hidden implications that may affect the H&S of the property.

As we provide a Property Management service we are obliged to carry out Continual Professional Development (CPD) throughout the year and attend courses on the latest legislation. Health and Safety is an evolving statute and we will always do our best to ensure you, your property and your occupiers are advised in these areas.

Certain Health and Safety reports are required to be carried regularly. On all properties and sites we use specialist, qualified, reliable contractors to provide these necessary documents.